Thursday, July 9, 2015

Why We Created This Blog? When This Idea Came About?

Part of the answer is in the very header of this blog. But how this idea came about? And when?

Many years ago, after my hunger strike against large-scale seized-drugs recycling in the country, I tried to again live a normal life. I did some business. But severely corrupt officials threatened me when I declared to them that I would never participate in "ghost delivery" schemes or excessive overpricing of our products just to satisfy their demands for ridiculously big amounts (or big percentages) of bribes.

It's not to say we didn't give gifts or favors, we did, you always do in this country unless you are ready to forget business with the government (before President Aquino's admin), but not in amounts beyond what our market-dictated prices can offset by way of competitive biz practices. Having survived murder attempts, it was just too much for me to again bear with the new threats. Despite having substantial amounts of collectibles, I had to stop doing business.

I instead used the incident to actively campaign not against severe corruption but many other severe abuses of power by both local and some national officials during the administration of President Arroyo. I spent what to me was a fortune to discreetly advanced our causes then. We can claim a good level of success as to which ends we made sacrifices for. Of course, I paid a dear price for that. Once again, it devastated me, financially and all. But I am alive today.

Save1Lyf blog
http://save1life-stop-that-corrupt-act.blogspot.com

For practical & security reasons, I lived in unlikely places and amongst the poor. There I got to closely observe the habits, behaviors and attitudes of many of the young people, young adults & middle-aged individuals who I thought could otherwise do something to remedy their dire material poverty. Of course, Louie, my company then, nearly cried once as he lamented how we lived in extreme frugality as we tried to help (mainly feed) many of them, in little ways we could.

One of the things that I discovered was that these young & even the old folks needed mentors. So many of the poor, under-educated (formally, but so very street-smart) needed mentors who don't think like them, and who command their respect. We inspired many, we tried to change or rock their mindsets (self-defeating thoughts, sense of helplessness, overly-simplified understanding of things, etc.), we coached many, we tried to instill a new sense of hope and dignity in them. Yes,we lived, we played, we went hungry, we dined, we enjoyed simple pleasures with them. We even got into their petty bickering.

Anecdotal only, but judge for yourself whether or not our observations are valid, and that the suggestions we are to make here are of any practical value to you or any visitor to this site. But we stand by the prcatical benefits of heeding some of our advice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment